BITNEWS725 – The online place for important Bridgend Taxi News
BIT-Bridgend Independent Taxi Membership-was formed in Novemeber 2016 prior to a meeting with licensing head -email@example.com – Yvonne Witchell and Policy Officer Daniel Cook
Back in the day Councillor Peter Foley set up a meeting with licensing after a meeting with the Morfa Ward gentleman at the time. He said – I could not just afford to buy a new car just like that – in a meeting at Angel St offices set up by Mr Chowdhudry with Mr Nelson in attendance that day.
Prior Madeline Moon MP in an email to Mr Nelson in 2016, confirmed she had checked out for herself the policy of new car at first plating was still in place, after confirming the same in an email to Mr Nelson which was later forwarded to the now former Councillor Peter Foley who served Bridgend BCBC for some 20 years, but recently lost his position in the local council election by just a few votes. That ladies and gentleman was how BIT was born. The motto still stands to this day, as told to taxi licensing head for Bridgend Taxi licensing – Yvonne Withchell – http://www.bridgend.gov.uk/services/licencing.aspx – in that first meeting in 2016 – “We have the bit between our teeth”
BIT-Bridgend Independent Taxi Membership is free with automatic membership for Bridgend taxi drivers with a current valid Bridgend taxi badge. All Bridgend Borough Cab drivers as members enjoy data protection for their ease with no forms to fill. It is as simple as that and you are always entitled to your opinion in Bridgend Borough as a taxi driver, and a Bridgend Cab driver can provide direct feedback at will anytime. Or simply ask for assistance with a problem.
A free service for the Bridgend Independent Taxi Membership as long as you have a valid taxi badge. We are your data protected members only Bridgend taxi association on and off the record for simple ease for you any time
Maybe you think your licensing fee is too high? or the price to upgrade your taxi is too high or the fare you get paid on the meter is too low? Or maybe you feel you are working for free in the taxi you drive or lease in Bridgend.
The Bridgend Independent Taxi Membership deals with all those issues you have, for you and for free. A dedicated service as long as you are a Bridgend Independent Taxi Member with a valid taxi badge as the two must come together
Has your Bridgend taxi killed you off with high repair bills?
Can you afford to buy a new car?
Have you been off the road and faced high repair bills?
Did you go bust in a taxi after low fares and high costs?
BitNews725 is the new news network for Bridgend Taxi drivers and BIT members to follow online, so the Bridgend Independant Taxi Partners – BIT Partners – can update members in the Bridgend borough of news of any change to policies key to the taxi trade’s survival in Bridgend borough today in 2017. To also notify the taxi trade of any news that maybe important or relevant to them as members of Bridgend’s taxi trade as a Cabbie or a Bridgend Cab firm, Bridgend Taxi firm or Bridgend Mid Glamorgan Cabs
Keeping Bridgend Cabbies informed –
There are currently 6 issues on the table to be fully addressed and one cultivated
- Remove the new car policy for a hackney carriage policy at first plating, for a more economically sound and fair solution for owner drivers.
- Increase fares by way of a formula which would at least bring the Bridgend taxi trade in line with national trends; with rural costs of empty mileage taken into account, as well as dead hours between 3am and 6am, including the weekend troubled hours between 3am and 6 am, as well taking into account the growing and varied costs today to keep a taxi on the road, and earnings needed to make a living also as a borough taxi driver or cab driver in Bridgend Borough
- MOT – to allow taxis to be MOT’d at any testing station
- To seek a committee review of the licensing cost for Bridgend taxis
- Prime Directive: Establish a working relationship with licensing on the written record via BIT Partners in order that 1 2 3 4 can be achieved one way or the other over time – firstname.lastname@example.org and so rid the taxi trade of the consistent injustices revealed and faced today as a result of the BIT Partner’s testing practices by : Contact Officer: Yvonne Witchell
Team Manager Licensing
Telephone: (01656) 643105
Postal Address Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB
- To seek fair play for taxis and drivers on the issue of cab bilking – doing a runner – as South Wales Police have a bad habit of saying it is a civil matter although the 2006 fraud laws are currently relative to the Bridgend and South Wales Hackney Carriage taxi trade Chief constable to write on the subject after an email was sent to his offices and acknowledged as received, See Facebook for more on the story