BITNEWS725 – The online place for important Bridgend Taxi News for the taxi user and Bridgend taxi driver or BCBC Cabinet or commitee members to get the taxi facts by
BIT-Bridgend Independent Taxi-was formed in Novemeber 2016 prior to a meeting with licensing head -firstname.lastname@example.org – Yvonne Witchell and Policy Officer Daniel Cook.
Back in the day Councillor Peter Foley set up a meeting with licensing after a meeting with the Morfa Ward gentleman at the time. He said – I could not just afford to buy a new car just like that – in a meeting at Angel St offices set up by the 2 BIT Watch Dogs – Mr Chowdhudry and Mr Nelson who were both in attendance that day to start the ball rolling once and for all for Bridgend Taxis.
Prior Madeline Moon MP in an email to Mr Nelson in 2016, confirmed she had checked out for herself the policy of new car at first plating was still in place, after confirming the same in an email to Mr Nelson which was later forwarded to the now former Councillor Peter Foley who served Bridgend BCBC for some 20 years, but lost his position in the local council election by just a few votes in 2017. That ladies and gentleman was how BIT was born. The motto still stands to this day, as told to taxi licensing head for Bridgend Taxi licensing – Yvonne Withchell – http://www.bridgend.gov.uk/services/licencing.aspx – in that first meeting in 2016 – “We have the BIT between our teeth”
BIT-Bridgend Independent Taxi has evolved over time – The now established – Taxi Watch Dog Taxi service in Wales with automatic membership or entitlements for Bridgend taxi drivers with a current valid Bridgend taxi badge. This is a free public service funded by the BIT organisation today, based in SA174LD.
All Bridgend Borough Cab drivers as members/followers enjoy data protection for their ease with no forms to fill. It is as simple as that, and you are always entitled to your opinion in Bridgend Borough as a taxi driver of course, as well as your opinions on public consultations conducted by BCBC Cabinet, and a Bridgend Cab driver can always provide direct feedback at will anytime. Or simply ask for assistance with a problem. The BIT orgaisation – we are here to help you with that BIT you need sorted, and for free. We are the established Taxi Watch Dog of The Bridgend Taxi trade today to catch views and special reports from the public concerning them
A free Taxi service for the BIT follower as long as you have a valid taxi badge we will research your problem or problems and look for solutions in the public interests. We are your data protected members only Bridgend ” Taxi Watch Dog ” Service, that some describe as a TAXI association on and off the record for simple ease for you at any time.
Maybe you think your licensing fee is too high? or the price to upgrade your taxi is too high or the fare you get paid on the meter is too low? Or maybe you feel you are working for free in the taxi you drive or lease in Bridgend.
The Bridgend Independent Taxi organisation deals with all those issues you have, for you and for free. A dedicated service as long as you are with a valid taxi badge
Has your Bridgend taxi killed you off with high repair bills?
Can you afford to buy a new car?
Have you been off the road and faced high repair bills?
Did you go bust in a taxi after low fares and high costs?
Do you think it’s too much to pay for 2 taxi tests in advance?
BitNews725 is the new news network for Bridgend Taxi drivers and Bridgend Cabinet and licensing to follow online, so the Bridgend Independant Taxi Partners – BIT Partners – Taxi Watch Dog- can update-followers in the Bridgend borough of news of any change to policies key to the taxi trade’s survival in Bridgend borough today in 2018. A useful forensic account of communications with the Council and Bridgend Cabinet over a time line
The two BIT Partners are probably the only Taxi Watch Dogs in the taxi trade in Wales today working for free keeping the trade up to date on news vital to their economics as a taxi driver
Their mission to also notify the taxi trade of any news that maybe important or relevant to them as Bridgend’s taxi trade, as a Cabbie or a Bridgend Cab firm, Bridgend Taxi firm or Bridgend Mid Glamorgan Cab company. The BIT organisation is a new Taxi Watch Dog service for the taxi trade in Mid Glamorgan -Wales today so you can get to that BIT
Keeping Bridgend Cabbies informed –
There are currently 6 issues on the table to be fully addressed and one cultivated, as the Watch dog team continue their awarness programme for the taxi trade in Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan Wales
- Remove the new car policy for a hackney carriage policy at first plating, for a more economically sound and fair solution for owner drivers in Bridgend, Mid glamorgan.
- Increase fares by way of a formula which would at least bring the Bridgend taxi trade in line with national trends; with rural costs of empty mileage taken into account, as well as dead hours between 3am and 6am, including the weekend troubled hours between 3am and 6 am, as well taking into account the growing and varied costs today to keep a taxi on the road, and earnings needed to make a living also as a borough taxi driver or cab driver in Bridgend Borough
- MOT – to allow taxis to be MOT’d at any testing station
- To seek a proper committee/Cabinet review so communications with the taxi trade is drawn up by way of a “Taxi Charter” and so abolish long delays for change when needed, as time is money for taxis in Wales of course
- Prime Directive: Establish a working relationship with licensing or and Cabinet on the written record via BIT Partners – Watch Dogs, in order that 1 2 3 4 can be achieved one way or the other over time – email@example.com and so rid the taxi trade of the consistent injustices revealed and faced today as a result of the BIT Partner’s – Watch Dogs testing practices by : Contact Officer: Yvonne Witchell
Team Manager Licensing
Telephone: (01656) 643105
Postal Address Civic Offices, Angel Street, Bridgend, CF31 4WB
- To seek fair play for taxis and drivers on the issue of cab bilking – doing a runner – as South Wales Police have a bad habit of saying it is a civil matter although the 2006 fraud laws are currently relative to the Bridgend and South Wales Hackney Taxi. The Chief constable to write on the subject after an email was sent to his offices and acknowledged as received, See Facebook for more on the story in 2017. One should note the Police constable is to retire shortly and as of February 2018 he has not replied in good faith or to a professional standard fitting of a senior Police officer in that position. Looks like he too is doing a runner